2001 GTX RFI Mystery

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcallison

My seadoo runs exactly 30 mins. No more. Then it goes into what Ive read is Limp Mode? Just enough power to make it back to shore. I know it would be easier to take it in and have the codes pulled,but I dont have the $130. Is there any truth to the info that this tech gave me.........." The 2000 GTX has a load sensor that tells the computer that the motor is working to hard to attain speed. If there is any slight issues with the pump, prop,or wear ring,the motor will sense it." Well,thats what he said. What do I know.

I'm not a pro SeaDoo mech... but I'm going to say NO, there is no load sensor, and he's blowing smoke up your... welll... you can finish the rest.

But, yes... there is a limp mode. The only things that can put it into limp mode are bad sensors (but it wouldn't restart later) or overheating. If it was overheating... after a few minutes, after it cools... it would restart.

Is the beeper in your ski working?

Last thing... find a new dealer if your local one charges $130 to just pull the codes. My local dealer charges $15 to walk out with the hand-held programmer to pull codes or program a new lanyard.

Last edited by a moderator:
No overheating.New plugs,raves, Compressions great. I do get 2 beeps,very faint at first. It has a maintenance light on. Yes it will start up after it cools down. Could it be a bad temp sensor. When it goes into limp mode,I can put my hands all over the motor. No heat

GTX RFI Mystery

I am new to pwc's and seadoo form.

Did you find the problem?

Last September I purchased a 2002 GTXRFI and had the same problem.

When I put the pwc in the water for the first time it ran well.
But when I stopped I found excessive water in the hull.
After some work, I discovered that water was leaking in from under the motor.
The motor would have to be removed for the repair.
Later I had left the lanyard connected and the pwc sitting in the water,the water level was high.
For the next three times the pwc started right up, but had no power, just idle.
At that point I removed the pwc from the water and started to dismantle.

Now I am rebuilding the motor to repair a number of problems but I still do not know the cause of lack of power.

The RFI machines all need the computer to give codes for anticipated repairs, except the obvious water leaking problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back