2001 GTX DI battery issue.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmazz2

Does anybody know if the 2001 gtx di has an alternator to recharge the battery when it is low. I keep getting a "Maint 12V" light on my ski lately when I start it up. It beeps for 3 or 4 times while riding, and eventually stops. Sometimes it only beeps when starting and stops instantly. i am assuming the battery is low and after riding it stops flashing "Maint 12V". Can anyone answer if the ski recharges automatically or do I need to pull the battery and re-charge it? The battery is a wet cell, about 2 yrs old. Probably not holding good charge anymore. Thanks for your help--I am new to this site. :)

yes, when the engine is running, it charges your battery. Since the low voltage waring is going out once started... I'm going to say that your ski is fine, and the battery is dieing.

Since you have a Di ski... I highly recommend replacing it. With a weak battery, it puts an extra load on the charging system, and since yours is a Di... it already has a large power requirement for the computer, and injection system. If you keep running on a weak battery, you could burn out the regulator/rectifier, or worse... burn out the stator coils in the mag, because of overheating.

If you had a ski with carbs... I'd say give it a good charge, and buy a new battery next season... but on a Di... that's not a good idea.

Thanks Tony, you were a huge help! I appreciate it! Enjoy the rest of the summer on the water, :) -- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back