2000 Seadoo Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

docster

Really this is being directed towards Dr.Honda, but others feel free to chime in. I am looking into picking up a good condition 2000 Islandia with the 240hp EFI. The engine had a bad cylinder before, the current owner rebuilt, bored, sleeved, piston, etc, and is now selling. The engine needs a few things finished up on it: plugs, electrical hooked up, some cooling lines, etc. He says he guarantees it will start once everything is hooked up. He is asking 7500 for it. I would like to try to get him down to 6-6500 is that a fair price? Also, is it worth buying a boat like this with this engine or am I just asking for headaches? Basically the boat will get a fair amount of use with us and we need it working properly, really do not want to get stranded. Look forward to hearing from what you have to say, thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Isladia must have been popular up in MI. That's where I got mine. (lol)

OK... if it was properly rebuilt... it's a reliable engine. BUT... if the guy did a "Patch Job"... it could scatter parts all over the place on the first ride out. SO... did he do a proper rebuild? Or did he just change that bad piston?

The other side to this is... did they figure out why the engine gave out?

OK... if the boat is clean, and in good condition... then $7k is a good price. The Street Price of a 2000 Islandia, in good running order is $12k to $14k. So... I would be willing to take it on. Then, depending on what he said he did with the engine (what he replaced) I may pop the engine apart, and do a better inspection of all the internals.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't bought an Islandia yet, mine is for sale. Let me know and we'll talk more.

Too bad you don't live closer to MN. I have some friends that are in the market for an Islandia. We just missed one on Friday! Too bad the ice isn't out as I have no intentions of letting them buy one without an on water trial.

Anyone have one that they are looking to sell in or near MN, buzz me! Thanks (hijack of thread now over)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back