2000 Seadoo GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have a 2000 Seadoo GTX. When I plug the key into the knob, I won’t start. It doesn’t beep and the dash won’t light up. It basically doesn’t do anything. I’ve changed the battery and checked the solenoid. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tammy

Check all fuses in the MPEM. Then without the key push the start button 5 times are see if the gauges come on.

Jump the solenoid. If it cranks you know the battery, cables, connections, and the starter are good. If it doesn’t crank, one of those items needs addressed. This will at the very least give you a direction to head.

Jump the solenoid. If it cranks you know the battery, cables, connections, and the starter are good. If it doesn’t crank, one of those items needs addressed. This will at the very least give you a direction to head.
I did that. It tries to crank but won’t turn all the way over. Someone said it could be the ground wire?

That is typically a bad battery or battery cable but since it only turns over half way I would pumm the spark plugs and the rear flywheel cover and make sure you can turn the engine over all the way by hand to make sure you don't have something locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back