2000 SeaDoo GTX Milenium Edition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewprenger

Im just wondering what cheap modifications I can make to my seadoo to make it go faster. I cant afford superchargers and the pro stuff. Ive heard that performance intake grates can help. I run 93 octane strictly through it because its a two stroke and I heard that they run better on higher octane. Any suggestions that do not require extreme modifications.

There are no cheap mods!

Intake grate,ride plate, sponsons,impellor, carb rejet, aftermarket flame arrestor, aftermarket reeds and intakes, even a head but none of that is cheap!

I have the same ski and learned all this myself when first looking into the 951, unlike a boat i/o motor these 2 strokes are expensive to make faster, you can have thousands invested just to gain 5 mph!

Now for $15000 you could get the ski to around 90 mph I am sure! lol

Some small things to do are intake grate and impellor, from there it has also been suggested to switch to a different jet pump as well.

As said above... no easy/cheap ways to get any real speed.

Most intake grates will slow your top speed down. They are designed to keep the pump loaded, and in turn, give you better lap times when racing.

I ride plate won't do anything for speed. It's a handling enhancer.

If you change the flame arrestor. You probably won't see any performance gains, and you will need to re-tune the carbs. A better flowing flame arrestor is to support other mods.

The only thing you can do, and feel a marked performance gain, is to put in an aftermarket impeller. Skat-Trak for out of the hole, Solas for top speed. Use the recommended impeller from each manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back