2000 seadoo challenger w/ Mercury 210hp M2 constant alarm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed119

Ok I have a continuous alarm as soon as key is turned on. I traced it down behind gauges to a plug with 3 pink wires pnk/Blk, pnk/gry, and just pink. they plug into a 2 wire plug 1 pink 1 blk. I disconnect it alarm goes off. So I think I traced it to fuel tank sender. If I unplug fuel sender with same 3 color wires and turn key to start no alarm. If I leave it plugged in turn key to start alarm goes. If I unplug it at tank alarm still sound until I turn key off and back on. Also If unplugged at tank fuel gauge does not work. If I unplug the one behind the gauges the fuel gauge still works no alarm. Question is does the tank have a low fuel alarm? I never heard of that before and nothing in my manual about it. Also everything I looked up on line says 1 steady beep is for low oil, overheat and rev limit nothing about fuel. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it. Or a decent wire diagram of instrumentation my service manuals does not match my boat wiring. Please and thank you

Ok I have a continuous alarm as soon as key is turned on. I traced it down behind gauges to a plug with 3 pink wires pnk/Blk, pnk/gry, and just pink. they plug into a 2 wire plug 1 pink 1 blk. I disconnect it alarm goes off. So I think I traced it to fuel tank sender. If I unplug fuel sender with same 3 color wires and turn key to start no alarm. If I leave it plugged in turn key to start alarm goes. If I unplug it at tank alarm still sound until I turn key off and back on. Also If unplugged at tank fuel gauge does not work. If I unplug the one behind the gauges the fuel gauge still works no alarm. Question is does the tank have a low fuel alarm? I never heard of that before and nothing in my manual about it. Also everything I looked up on line says 1 steady beep is for low oil, overheat and rev limit nothing about fuel. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it. Or a decent wire diagram of instrumentation my service manuals does not match my boat wiring. Plured it

Ok I have a continuous alarm as soon as key is turned on. I traced it down behind gauges to a plug with 3 pink wires pnk/Blk, pnk/gry, and just pink. they plug into a 2 wire plug 1 pink 1 blk. I disconnect it alarm goes off. So I think I traced it to fuel tank sender. If I unplug fuel sender with same 3 color wires and turn key to start no alarm. If I leave it plugged in turn key to start alarm goes. If I unplug it at tank alarm still sound until I turn key off and back on. Also If unplugged at tank fuel gauge does not work. If I unplug the one behind the gauges the fuel gauge still works no alarm. Question is does the tank have a low fuel alarm? I never heard of that before and nothing in my manual about it. Also everything I looked up on line says 1 steady beep is for low oil, overheat and rev limit nothing about fuel. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it. Or a decent wire diagram of instrumentation my service manuals does not match my boat wiring. Please and thank you
figured it out, there is a low fuel alarm on this boat. must be stuck I am just disconnecting it for now as gauge is working and one of the magnets broke off the fly wheel and I need to change the flywheel now.

Yes, the tank has a low fuel alarm and this can sound even if you have a full tank if the Fuel Sending Baffle Float inside the FUEL BAFFLE SENDING UNIT is bad. They sometimes fill with fuel and don't float giving wrong indication.

Attachments

• s-l1600-(1).jpg
    s-l1600-(1).jpg
    259 KB · Views: 9
Yes, the tank has a low fuel alarm and this can sound even if you have a full tank if the Fuel Sending Baffle Float inside the FUEL BAFFLE SENDING UNIT is bad. They sometimes fill with fuel and don't float giving wrong indication.

I rebuilt my sendor a few years ago using one of these magnetic floats. I went with an oem one. Very easy to do. Was under $20. My float was full of fuel and one magnet detached as well. I checked with an ohm meter after removal by tilting it and if I recal it was between 0-90ohms. One thing I noticed after rebuild (maybe it’s supposed to be this way) is the gauge reads 3/4 maybe a touch more when full to the top. When gauge is on 1/4 there is more than half left in the tank. Never reads full. Just making you aware that it may not read perfectly…or there is a reserve that is about 1/4 of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back