2000 GTX RFI fuel pump issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianh64

I ran into an issue that I can't seem to track down on my GTX. When I went to put it back on the trailer last week after spending the day on the water, my engine died and refused to restart. No biggie, I put her on the trailer and brought it home figuring it would start when got it home. Wrong, motor spins fine but won't light off. Tested to make sure that I had spark and it did however I'm getting zero from the fuel pump. No major deal, ordered a new pump, installed it and still nothing. I did notice however that the voltage at the pump is low but at the fuse it's normal. Has anyone else had the same issue? Does the pump voltage get delivered through the MPEM? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upon some more digging I was able to isolate the problem as being the connector going into the fuel pump housing. I had very high resistance from the terminal to the pump. Does anyone know a source for the plug or will I end up having to locate another housing?

After much work thanks to ebay I got the parts that I needed to get it running. I did get one part from Minnetonka4me, for $60 he sent me the just the black plastic top of the fuel pump housing devoid of the wiring that I needed. His prices are high and when I questioned him about the tracking number (package for some reason diverted all the way to Orlando not his fault) he seemed like he had an attitude. I emailed him yesterday and asked where the pigtail that goes to the fuel pump and fuel level sender and zero reply. I will never use him again due to attitude and pricing. Hey but he sent me a whole bunch of useless stickers though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back