2000 GTX idle issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently rebuilt my 951 carbs with original parts and replaced all the grey fuel lines. Set the low speed adjusters to 1 1/2 out and idle to 1500 in the water. Ski ran very well but I had a little hesitation at 3/4 to full throttle. So adjusted out another 1/4 turn on low speed adjusters. That seemed to correct the issue. However, the idle seems to hover now at 2000 for about 15 seconds before it drops back to 1450 and then it occasionally it would idle between 900 and 1450 like it's going from one cylinder to two. Pulled plugs they were brown to tan in color. Other than that, it runs great at 1/4 to full throttle. I just can't figure the idle thing out. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Low speed adjusters will do nothing at 3/4 to full throttle so now you are too rich on the low speed.

Set the low speed screws back to stock settings and set the highs to stock settings.

If you have hesitation is is because the accelerator pump isn't squirting fuel.

Idle should be 2,800 rpm out of the water, about 1400 in the water.

I set everything back to specs and replaced the plugs. Set the idle to 1500. Took the ski out ran it checked the plugs which indicated a lean condition so adjusted low setting out 1/8 turn a couple of times and the ski seems to be running great. I think it was a combination of last years plugs and I was running too lean. Thank you

LOL 2-strokes will make a carb expert out of you for sure. Gotta know how to romance em' . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back