2000 951 rave valve chipped guilotine edge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wlong1957

I have finally rebuilt the top end of my 951. Pistons were damaged and rings broken leading to loss of compression. The crescent edge of the rave valves are chipped. Would it be possible to simply grind the edges smooth.. As I understand that the edge is not supposed to hit the piston and have minimal clearance. Do I need to replace them.

Thanks in advance

Something is up with this site lately. I know I responded to this and another poset yesterday yet neither show up. As I previously mentioned, I bought a RFI that had roughly 5/8" blade broken off more than halfway to the top of the valve. Oddly enough the ski performance was not suspect. So based on that experience I'd say you'll be fine just removing any sharp or damaged edges on the valve.

When I disassembled the engine to do the top end I looked high and low for the piece of the damaged rave valve and found nothing. LOL I did the top end only. Good Luck with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back