2-up vs 3-up. Seat / hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coastiejoe

Have not seen this here yet so thought I'd put a pic up of them side by side.

258.jpg

Gotta go for the bigger ski here, especially with the extended ride plates coming out for the 3 seater. It's gonna be fun !!

Personally, I would buy the 2 seat. I hardly ever have a passenger, and the few times I have had one it's only one. More than one passenger we take the boat. Besides by the time you pay for the extra hull size, the HO version, storage/convenience option you're getting close to the price of a GTI. It seems like SeaDoo is almost competing against themselves.

Lou

Have not seen this here yet so thought I'd put a pic up of them side by side.

258.jpg

Joe,

Look at the ski's in the picture you posted, now look at the 3-seat ski in picture, now look at the 3-seat ski's in your avatar. You have to ask yourself, which ski looks better. In my mind no contest.

Lou

Joe,

Look at the ski's in the picture you posted, now look at the 3-seat ski in picture, now look at the 3-seat ski's in your avatar. You have to ask yourself, which ski looks better. In my mind no contest.

Lou

All good points. And after some thought, I would also do the 2-up.

Why? Because it would be my "play" ski. I have my 800 pound skis and they are fantastic.

The Spark isn't like the 4-tec skis for a reason. And I'm think inward looking at bit as an equal or replacement.

I was going to change my aviator to my boat I used when I was deployed. As you can see, they were fun to. LOL.

260.jpg

Just a heads up, the 3 up is more like a 2.5 up, designed for two adults and a child. I'm out at the Pro Hydro X in Islamorada and don't have my notes, but I think the max weight for the 3 up was about 350lbs

These aren't designed to replace true 3 ups like the gtx, so the market shouldn't suffer too much. If you want a 3 up for adults the gti is what the dealer should put you in

These aren't designed to replace true 3 ups like the gtx, so the market shouldn't suffer too much. If you want a 3 up for adults the gti is what the dealer should put you in

I agree. You can see that in the vids. That is why I thought the 3-up would be a decent two person ski.

My 96GSX is rated for two people and an total of 350lbs., I don't do it often but I've not had a problem riding two. Personally the reason I think SeaDoo has a three rider version is to meet the legal requirement for pulling tubers, skier's, wake boards.

Lou

My 96GSX is rated for two people and an total of 350lbs., I don't do it often but I've not had a problem riding two. Personally the reason I think SeaDoo has a three rider version is to meet the legal requirement for pulling tubers, skier's, wake boards.

Lou

I am sure that is the case. But with the larger skis you can do three with no issues.

My GTX is nearly 12 foot long.

I plan on getting the 2 up, as i will be doing the majority of my riding solo, or with friends.

a quick glance at that pic can be deceiving. If you line those skis up evenly there isn't much difference between them. According to the spec. sheet its only 10". Other than the platform extension on the rear and the tip of the seat being a tad longer I believe that's all you get. It probably was made more to accommodate USCG regs for pulling tubers than actually comfortable riding three people. Besides, if you design a strictly 2up ski you automatically limit your buying market.

The 2 up looks gorgeous! My favorite color option for the spark to boot. Man I wish this thing had more power!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Back