2 issues...06 Utopia 205 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpop1302

I have the twin 1503s NA.

Today, the wife and I were tearing it up on the lake (48-52 MPH). We went through some light debris and before much longer engine made a slightly funny noise that caused the RPMs to drop from 7k to 6800, but almost immediately returned. Went in to the marina, topped off some fuel, and as we were leaving the No Wake Zone, boat makes a horrendous noise out of idle, there was a heavy vibration and couldn't exceed out of idle.

Loaded up on trailer, no indication of obstruction when looking through the impeller cone. Both impellers look clear and no noticeable damage. What issue could I be having?

2nd issue - boat slightly fills with water while sitting. Bad carbon seal? Bilge it out fine, but just a pain to constantly remove.

Check the intake side of the pump. You may have sucked up rope or twine and it wound up on the shaft and either damaged the bellows or possibly the pump tunnel.

Put the boat on the trailer and check to see where the water is coming in. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Annnnnnnd fixed!

The wear ring has grooves in it, nothing jagged or alarming. Will replace after this season, but went ahead and ordered the impeller removal tool and replacement rings, in the event they fail before then.

What grease and loctite do I need?

Make sure you order a new impeller nose cone. Yours is missing in the pic. You run a risk of corrosion on the driveshaft and impeller splines. You can eventually lose one or both. Had it happen to a buddy on his ski.

schematic.jpgimpeller boot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back