(2) 2011 GTI SE 130’s haven’t run in 2.5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCW

I just purchased these and would appreciate your help on what s as ll should be done to get these up and running. I put a new battery in one of them and could not connect the negative cable as it wanted to melt the lead terminal. Something must be cross wired or?
Previous owner swears the we’re running before.

So, you didn't even bother to try and start them when making the purchase? :rolleyes:

If you're that unfamiliar with them, take them to a dealer and have them go over them completely.

You risk frying the ECU if you screw around with the power and that would be a very expensive lesson.

Strange, I just finished fixing 2 - 2011 GTI 130 SEs that haven't been run in 4-5 years and missing lots of parts.

I buy skis all the time that don't run including those 2 GTIs but probably not a fair comparison.

Check the basic wiring especially the pos to solenoid then solenoid to starter and ground wire to the side of the motor near starter under the exhaust manifold. You can use the other to verify proper wiring.

I just purchased these and would appreciate your help on what s as ll should be done to get these up and running. I put a new battery in one of them and could not connect the negative cable as it wanted to melt the lead terminal. Something must be cross wired or?
Previous owner swears the we’re running before.
OK, I like your gumption.....go big right out of the box.
Firsts things first.........I STRONGLY recommend that you get your hands on the 2011 SeeDoo shop manual for your machines.....alll the technical specs and wiring diagrams will be in there to guide you through the ski. Best money you will ever spend.....I just checked and they are NOT available for a free download...still too new...freebies only go back to 2009 that I can find. Good luck with them.

PS: I have NEVER met a previous owner that did NOT swear that "it was running fine for me just a short while ago"! Yeah, ok! ;)

Thanks to all who gave positive input! I have them up and running now. Full tank of bad gas in one and the other one that was a hot negative was because they had bypassed the solenoid. Running like new with around 40 hours on each!

Thanks to all who gave positive input! I have them up and running now. Full tank of bad gas in one and the other one that was a hot negative was because they had bypassed the solenoid. Running like new with around 40 hours on each!
Cool beans....happy riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back