Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbotch

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2017 SeaDoo Limited GTI. I also own a 2015 GTX 155 and 2018 GTI SE 130. My GTX and GTI Limited calls for a 12V/ 30AH battery. My GTI SE calls for a 12V/ 18AH. The larger 30 AH battery fits in my GTX fine and the 18AH battery fits fine in the GTI SE and is the recommended battery for each.

My issue I am trying to solve is that the 2017 GTI Limited 155 calls for a 12V/ 30Ah battery in the owners manual. The previous owner said that it came with a 12V/ 18 AH battery and fit the same as the 2018 GTI SE. I have no problem buying the 30ah battery as recommended in the manual but my issue is the 30ah battery does not fit in the holder. I removed the 30AH battery from my GTX with the plastic cover over it and it does not fit into my GTI Limited.

Does anyone know what I need to do or is the 18ah battery a sufficient battery for the 2017 GTI Limited?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Seadoo Operating Manuals are pretty generic. They don’t write a new one every year they just edit the old ones. The 2015 models used a 30ah and the 2017 models use the 18ah smaller battery. Whoever edited the manual missed the change.

Thank you! Any recommendation as far as the brand of battery goes? My 30ah is an autocraft and my two 18ah are YUASA.

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2017 SeaDoo Limited GTI. I also own a 2015 GTX 155 and 2018 GTI SE 130. My GTX and GTI Limited calls for a 12V/ 30AH battery. My GTI SE calls for a 12V/ 18AH. The larger 30 AH battery fits in my GTX fine and the 18AH battery fits fine in the GTI SE and is the recommended battery for each.

My issue I am trying to solve is that the 2017 GTI Limited 155 calls for a 12V/ 30Ah battery in the owners manual. The previous owner said that it came with a 12V/ 18 AH battery and fit the same as the 2018 GTI SE. I have no problem buying the 30ah battery as recommended in the manual but my issue is the 30ah battery does not fit in the holder. I removed the 30AH battery from my GTX with the plastic cover over it and it does not fit into my GTI Limited.

Does anyone know what I need to do or is the 18ah battery a sufficient battery for the 2017 GTI Limited?

Thanks for any help you can give.
AH is only for how long you are planning on cranking the engine over. I use an ETX16L and have had no problems since 2014. I ONLY use AGM/GELL batteries in watercraft to prevent extra problems later
2008 GTI SE 130
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back