1st time carb cleaning - on 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to embark on my 1st carb cleaning due to a possible clogged low speed passage. I have read many post on here and have experience cleaning small engine carbs (weedeaters up to 4-wheelers). The only problem is in the past I have completely torn down carbs and rebuilt them. From what I understand that may be overkill which leads to my question. What all do I need to remove and replace before I go spraying carb cleaner in it? Afterwards I will be checking the pop-off, re-syncing, resetting all cable adjustments, and setting mix screws to default. Anything else I should adjust/reset/check or am I already doing too much? Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am about to embark on my 1st carb cleaning due to a possible clogged low speed passage. I have read many post on here and have experience cleaning small engine carbs (weedeaters up to 4-wheelers). The only problem is in the past I have completely torn down carbs and rebuilt them. From what I understand that may be overkill which leads to my question. What all do I need to remove and replace before I go spraying carb cleaner in it? Afterwards I will be checking the pop-off, re-syncing, resetting all cable adjustments, and setting mix screws to default. Anything else I should adjust/reset/check or am I already doing too much? Thanks in advance for all your help.

One thing NOT to do is, do NOT change the springs. Meaning, use the spring that is in the Carb, not the ones that come with the rebuild kit.

Any suggestions on removing stuck air intake/flame arrester bolts. I've already managed to break 1 off. The shop manual suggest using a heat gun on the base, won't that melt the plastic around these? I have a manual impact screwdriver but not a 5mm bit. Would that work? Just tried using a hammer tap on the allen wrench with no luck.

Got a 5mm bit and tried it on the manual impact screwdriver, no luck. Thinking I should go with a battery/air impact. Thoughts or suggestions?

No other suggestions? I'm kind of left with break the bolts then drill & rethread. Where do y'all suggest getting rebuild kits from? I've heard good and bad about SBT ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back