1999 GTX RFI Compression questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

72 Corvette

A couple of questions 1999 GTX RFI.

The jetski doesn’t idol very well so did a Compression test one of the cylinders shows 100 and the other 145.

What are the minimal options?

If money wasn’t a problem what would my options be?

If I am buying parts like rings and or pistons what is the best source?

WSM pistons from PWC muscle @hfgreg. Figure out why your one cylinder went down, if your crank is ok at a minimum have you cylinders measured to see if they are still in spec, it is doubtful that they are in which case you will need to ask the machine shop what size over of piston you will need. Make sure you choose a machine shop that has experience with 2 strokes, make sure ports are chamfered and again make sure to find out why it went down in the first place or it will happen again.

Buy a top end gasket kit, one piston, rings and wrist pin. :) It'll run. :D That's the cheap route and dependin on your time frame the quickest.
I know people that would do it that way to. :D

I'd do a complete top end. I'm old school two stroke so to me top ends are the life blood of these engines and good fueling keeps them happy. You need to find out what happened and the problem is likely a lean issue. I'd send the injectors to fuelinjectorman.com. , replace both fuel filters in the fuel canister and test fuel pressure. Also make sure the bottom end looks and feels good. You don't have to pull the engine to do the top end but it's easier and also more work. Good Luck !!

Back