1999 Challenger 1800 No Starty Starty...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

challenger54

After about 6 weeks of no use this last winter my Challenger 1800 w/ twin 787's wouldn't start the starboard motor...port motor is fine. Starboard engine cranks over normally, but doesn't start. Checked, found and changed bad fuel pump but still no start. Pulled carbs and checked fuel filters for sludge. They were clean and cursory examination showed other parts good. Pop offs 25 PSI-ish each. Pulled, charged & replaced battery. Ignition tester showed spark at both plugs. I'm getting more than a little frustrated/worried now. Checked compression last since this motor was changed (SBT reman) two years ago and only has about 25 hours of service since. Compression in MAG cylinder 120psi but PTO cylinder is only 90psi. Uh oh. Engine has not fired or back-fired even once during all of this.

Anything I've missed here?

Anything to do before tearing the engine down to see what's really going on inside it?

Thanks for your ideas/experience.

Hindu

Well...If the compression gauge is known to be good, I would pull the head and look down the cylinders for damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back