1998 Speedster 140

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

theap64

My 1998 Speedster140 completely shuts down above 4000 rpm after a few minutes. Both motors.......was running perfectly until yesterday.

No, not yet, but it seems like something else because it runs great up to 4000 rpm, and then everthing shuts down.......almost like there is some kind of fail safe device..........I dont know, but otherwise it runs great and this just started yesterday.

ahhh, not shut'n down, but just wont rev no mo...?, umm, pull lever assy out/lift it up, so you can see a switch assy underneath, see if button is sticking,...or is both motors revving just up to 4k, and doesnt sound like boucing off limiter?

Well, pretty simply put.......I am on the lake and I open it up full throttle which is something like 6000-6300 RPM, it runs like a bat out of hell, then suddenly after like 1-2 minutes, the entire boat dies......both motors. I pull off safety/ignition lanyard, put it back on to reset with double beep, and both motors start right back up.......it idles fine and runs great, but dies anywhere after 4000 RPM.......

mess w/ the fuel selector, also sounds weird, but loosen up gas cap, maybe the tank aint venting, try selector first, then wlile there, see if inline filter is clogged or empty of gas, or crap in it...

Well, I appreciate the input, but to me it just seems electrical because it runs perfectly until high RPM's, then completely and without any hesitation....shuts down........thanks.

It is.........

It is electrical..........!..........

It's your DESS post. It's bad and has to be replaced!.....if you hadn'd made triple posts, you'd have known this an hour ago. I'll be deleting your other threads, so please, limit yourself to one thread, of one problem.......you've made it very confusing trying to jump from one place to another, trying to help you out!.........

I don't have a boat, but a pwc. Mine was doing the same thing first of summer. Took it in and did compression test and had a piston blown. Do the compression test first, if everything checks out ok check all the fuel lines, could be a hole in one of them. Look for gas in the bottom of the hull too.:cheers:

I didnt see where it was confusing in the least. Sorry, if I confused you, and for posting multiple threads, as you call it, but I am SIMPLY, yes, Simply asking for input and / or advise. I do thank you for the advise, but you are very rude.......later.

No, its definaly electrical....I figured that one out yesterday, just trying to get more specific on the problem..........the motors run fine.......it is electrical according to Seadoosnipe.......I concur....thanks.

Everybody in this forum is trying to help you. Snipes suggestion was not at all rude, he was trying to help you get your problem solved more efficiently while helping others with the same problem. He is also one of the most respected Mods here and does everything he can to help members with there problems, so please understand his suggestion.

Confusing......

No, I'm sorry if you see it as being rude. It wasn't meant to be. But your statement was proof positive that you couldn't manage the thread either. I gave you the fix just before 1, then when I found another thread by you, posting another thread of the same problem, I pulled up your file.....and you had three.

I'm sure you want help. We are here to help you. But do you know how many members come in here looking for help?.....There are hundreds of premium members, not including mods, who do this to help people out. We are not paid. But when you keep posting, not checking for answers or waiting for someone long enough to read and reply for answers, your wasting these other guys time, that's repling to your thread 2 and 3 times.

I think it's being more selfish on your behalf!........sorry if you don't get it.

DESS post.....

Now, like I posted in a different thread of yours........if both of your engines run smoothly, then you loose them both.......its got to be electrical. The only common componet between them is the DESS post. If you can pull the lanyard and put it back on right away and they both start, it's the post.

About a $65 dollar fix........replace the post. You can do this yourself. It doesn't have to go to a dealer.........:cheers:

Like I said........Thanks for the advise and maybe I got what I needed, it just came across as rude to me. I am sorry if I am ignorant, but I had never been on this site before. Just trying to get my boat running right.....thanks again. Later.

Yea, I was kinda comming to the same conclusion, but you made it clear. Thanks again for your help and sorry for any problems with my communication on here. I am new to this.

No, thank you.

No, it's totally cool.........but I tried to get this answer to you, because I'm 100% sure, this is your problem.......I've had the same problem on my 97 Challenger.......

Sorry to be so hard, but it does get trying in here sometime, trying to be in all places at one time.......click on my link below on the 787 engine and you'll see a post on the DESS post in my thread, complete with pictures.....:cheers:

Two more questions please:
1.) Will I also need to buy a new DESS Lanyard key as well?
2.) Will I need to take the entire boat with my owners registration to a dealership to program the DESS lanyard key to the replaced DESS Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back