RESTO 1998 Seadoo SPX Resto Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I'm hearing more people say the 98 SPX is a fave vintage because of the ride. I hope I find someone among that group of fans if and when I decide to sell mine.

I notice you have a 93 XP. Our younger kids like being tubed behind my 93 XP since it doesn't have that sudden jump in speed when the RAVEs open on the my 98SPX.

Ok, so to try and kill myself I finished this year's ago and the guy who bored my cylinders I think screwed up. I pinched 2 pto pistons, so I just parked it. Literally had probably 2 hours on it if that. Just checked June 29, 2015 is when it went back on the trailer. I went home after Vaca and thru another new first over OEM piston and swapped carbs. Went out and it happened again. Parked it for 5 years, never touched it..... Just disgusted. Now I'm traveling back to Iowa for work and want to ride on the weekends while I'm there. So, fast fast forward... Bought clean cylinders from a member years ago, sent them to Group K in AZ. They bored then to first over with my new first over OEM pistons. Now it's time to yank the engine, throw a new top end on it and put it back in. And I'm leaving Tuesday at 4am. Wish me luck.
6d7259941967fe28274ed7a642029838.jpg

Throwing in the towel on the 98. Far to much left to do. Being as I like everything painted and orderly I don't think I'll have the time to get it finished. Gotta concentrate on getting the rest of my stuff together. Got the squish set and that's it. Sorry guys.
7d21e6b191b9b4f6193c22ba97de17e4.jpg

I'm really bummed that this build will not be finished. It was a lot to take on going in though. So kudos to you and your energy, knowledge & unwavering dedication to the sport and to all the businesses you supported along this crazy journey! Maybe someone will buy it and finish it up(hint to those members that were initially interested in purchasing it before racer swooped in).

As an original owner of a '98 SPX(my avatar) for all of these years. I do enjoy this hull in rough ocean water and smooth lake water for jumping boat wakes. As one member stated so perfectly, "There's a predictable feel about it". With that being said. This predictability makes it a special ride. And in my mind, it has vintage Sea Doo collectibility value to it.

Thanks man. I'll finish it, just couldn't do it in the time constraint I was against. I barely got done what I needed to just to get loaded up to get out here. I still have to finish the air box and drain plug on the 95.

Aww man. I wish you would have been moving out there a few days earlier. We just had a seadoo meetup at Jess' place on lake of the ozarks last weekend. Few guys from Iowa and some guys from the seadooforum meetups years ago. Glad to see you are getting these things back on the water though!

I feel your pain racer. My superjet resto project has been going on for over 2 years now and just pressure tested the engine tonight.
1a551643ddd100add251b0a7cc6c852b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back