1998 Seadoo Speedster project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow man. The amount of work you put in this boat is crazy, but the result is amazing. That boat looks better than new.
Great job man...

Wow man. The amount of work you put in this boat is crazy, but the result is amazing. That boat looks better than new.
Great job man...
Thanks! Restoring these old skis and boats is a lot of work but well worth it! Working on a gsx now and then finishing up the speedster with mats and finally installing the wake tower I never got around to last year.

I'm buying my old boat back from a buddy of mine. It sat in his back yard for years, and before that, it sat for about a year before. I'll be doing something kinda like what you did, just not in depth.

I'm moving to Key West in a few months, and I'll be taking my wooden boat, plus probably this Seadoo. So, it'll be cool to be able to work on a boat for a bit, and then go out and ride for a bit.

I'll take pictures and post them once I get State-side..

Hi Ankeneyou and Slowmoe! I just bought what looks like exactly the same boat as the one you just restored, although on the plate on the back it says '95? I have a bunch of beginners questions and wondered if I can bother you for some expertise. The first question would be how do I find out if I have a simple "on/off" or a programmable lanyard switch? I'd really appreciate if I can lean on you guys a little, I am in Sydney and can't find any Speedster experts or parts around here

Hi Ankeneyou and Slowmoe! I just bought what looks like exactly the same boat as the one you just restored, although on the plate on the back it says '95? I have a bunch of beginners questions and wondered if I can bother you for some expertise. The first question would be how do I find out if I have a simple "on/off" or a programmable lanyard switch? I'd really appreciate if I can lean on you guys a little, I am in Sydney and can't find any Speedster experts or parts around here
Where your lanyard plugs on to, is there a pin that gets depressed when you put the lanyard on or is there a round metal piece in the center with a round ring around the diameter of the post? If it has a push pin it's not programmable. Can you post pics of the boat and hin tag? Wonder if someone swapped the hin tag.

Where your lanyard plugs on to, is there a pin that gets depressed when you put the lanyard on or is there a round metal piece in the center with a round ring around the diameter of the post? If it has a push pin it's not programmable. Can you post pics of the boat and hin tag? Wonder if someone swapped the hin tag.
As racerxxx said, you just need to look at the post the lanyard connects to. Start a new thread and post a pic. We'll help you out with that and any other questions.

As racerxxx said, you just need to look at the post the lanyard connects to. Start a new thread and post a pic. We'll help you out with that and any other questions.
Hi, thanks for responding! I have figured out that I have a DESS. Have started a new thread as "another speedster rest project" and have posted some pics

Engine bay will get the super clean treatment on Saturday since it won't get above freezing tomorrow.

It's a real pain to get to anything on the front of those engines in there. Has anyone found decent pricing on OEM new starters? I could rebuild, but I'd feel even better with brand new ones in there.
167.jpg
Can you tell me where the two hoses from the top of the oil tank lead to? I bought one that the hoses have been cut and have no idea where they go. One of them is plugged the other one looks like it might be a vent hose or something

Attachments

• IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7142.JPG
    IMG_7142.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
One is a vent with a one way check valve at the end and the other should be the return line from both engines rotary valve cavities. It would be the lower oil fitting on the left side of each engine and then to a T fitting and to the top of the oil tank.

Even if the prior owner was running pre-mix, you would need the oil running to the engine for the rotary valve then returning to the tank where it's blocked off.

One is a vent with a one way check valve at the end and the other should be the return line from both engines rotary valve cavities. It would be the lower oil fitting on the left side of each engine and then to a T fitting and to the top of the oil tank.

Even if the prior owner was running pre-mix, you would need the oil running to the engine for the rotary valve then returning to the tank where it's blocked off.
OK thank you I would like to have this injection system back in service before it does any damage to the engines if it hasn't already. I'm hoping the oil pumps are not shot from being ran dry also

You can remove them and test them for output, if you have a drill with a known RPM. The manual has a spec for their flowrates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back