1998 gtx oil priming

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

king15012

So I replaced the bendix and starter. Ski fires right up now. I bled the oil system. But I don’t remember if I had air bubbles in the smaller supply lines after the oil pump goin to each cylinder. They appear to move with light throttle( towards the cylinders). Is this okay? Normal? Also could I run a premix for the first tank? What’s a good ratio in the tank when also running the oil injection system.

Premix at 50:1 if you are in doubt of the oil pump. Make sure you open the bleed screw on the pump until clean oil comes out.

I got clean oil there. Just seems to always be air in the small lines. That’s why I was unsure if it’s normal?

Did you replace the oil lines? You could have introduced a little air in the system which should quickly go away once you run the engine a bit. I'd run the premix like Miki suggests. Better to be safe. :)

That was my theory, being winter I only fired the ski up for about 10 seconds due to no water. So I could only observe the oil lines move the oil very slowly. I plan to do a proper bleed in the spring( hold the oil pump open at idle). But I think the best option is to do a tank of premix also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back