1997 Seaoo XP Wont Start (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/16" hose will be too big for the fittings on the fuel baffle, I will confess I haven't been following this thread word for word, if you bought a new fuel selector you probably got the wrong one. The fuel selector with 5/16" fittings is for a larger engine. If I remember correctly you will use 5/16" from the fuel separator to the carb.

Lou

Crap, I checked the manual, the 97 XP uses 5/16. The return line coming off the back of the carbs is 1/4" along with the lines that connect the carbs together. The supply line starts at 5/16 out of the water separator and gets reduced to 1/4" before the carbs. Sorry for the bad advise buddy, its the only 787 ski I have run into that uses 5/16 fuel line. The 951 uses it.

5/16" hose will be too big for the fittings on the fuel baffle, I will confess I haven't been following this thread word for word, if you bought a new fuel selector you probably got the wrong one. The fuel selector with 5/16" fittings is for a larger engine. If I remember correctly you will use 5/16" from the fuel separator to the carb.

Lou

Glad to know I am not the only one, but woner is correct. I am almost certain its the only ski that uses the 5/16 hose. Not sure about the later year 787 GTI's

O.K., I guess I just assumed the 97XP would be the same as a 96-97GSX, or a 96XP, I guess I assumed wrong. You know what "they" say assume makes and ass out of u and me. Didn't know SeaDoo ever made an 787GTI, I thought they were all 717's.

Lou

I'm not sure but I think eventually they put the 787 in the lower end 3 seater.

Sent using Tapatalk

Back to the original question, ya know thinking about it the 97XP was kinda a one year wonder, it had that transmission thingy, maybe its not that far fetched that SeaDoo anticipated putting the 951 in this ski all along and went ahead and designed the fuel delivery system for a 951, thus the larger fuel lines. hmmmm..............

Lou

ok.. I replaced all the grey fuel lines and cleaned the carb filters. I went ahead and put in a paper filter right before the carbs as well. starts up but still idols really rough and doesnt want to stay on.. WTH! Rebuild?? Compression test shows 130/125. will a ski not stay on with the compression this low?? what else could it be?

ok.. I replaced all the grey fuel lines and cleaned the carb filters. I went ahead and put in a paper filter right before the carbs as well. starts up but still idols really rough and doesnt want to stay on.. WTH! Rebuild?? Compression test shows 130/125. will a ski not stay on with the compression this low?? what else could it be?

Could easily have a carb issue if you only just cleaned the carbs. Common for needle and seat issues with the green goo.

Can also be the fuel selector if you have one.

Compression is on the low end for sure. 120 is the absolute minimum where you nearly MUST do engine work. And or 10% difference between cylinders which you are within tolerance there.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

In your last test your reading were 120/115, did you check it with a different gauge?
it is possible that the seafoam cleaned the oil off the cylinders which was why you had lower readings before.
What did you set you low speed adjuster at? Should be 1.25 turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back