1997 seadoo identification help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 97 bombardier. My dad bought it a few years ago and never used it, it sat in a temperature controlled basement for like 5 years. A few months ago, I bought a new battery for it, took out all the old gas and put new gas in and she ran perfect for me for a few weekends. Now it bogs out really bad and I want to order a new carb and fuel lines, and maybe other stuff I may need, but I don’t know if it’s a GTI, GSI, GTX, etc. I will post pics of the serial number and the ski. Any tips and information would be extremely appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3565.jpeg
    IMG_3565.jpeg
    559 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3567.jpeg
    IMG_3567.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3566.jpeg
    IMG_3566.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3568.jpeg
    IMG_3568.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 16
1997 GTI.

Really no reason to buy a new carb, just follow The Carb Rebuild thread to the letter
So I got everything in the mail today and cleaned it and rebuilt the carb. When I took it out on the water, no bogging and it ran smooth at full throttle, but if I let off the throttle it dies and it only starts if I give it gas while pressing the start button. I tried readjusting the high and low speed screws a couple times to no avail. Did I maybe do something wrong? I remember to do pop off test and to see if it holds 10psi after I put the cover and stuff back on, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

So I got everything in the mail today and cleaned it and rebuilt the carb. When I took it out on the water, no bogging and it ran smooth at full throttle, but if I let off the throttle it dies and it only starts if I give it gas while pressing the start button. I tried readjusting the high and low speed screws a couple times to no avail. Did I maybe do something wrong? I remember to do pop off test and to see if it holds 10psi after I put the cover and stuff back on, so I don’t think that’s the issue.
Also it seems like it’s missing some top end speed

You need to adjust the idle screw and throttle cable, not the HS or LS screws.

You need to adjust the idle screw and throttle cable, not the HS or LS screws

Is the idle screw the one on top with the t handle or the one that’s partially obstructed by the throttle cable? And what do I do to adjust my throttle cable? I’ve moved around all of those screws trying to adjust them at this point. What I do is turn them all the way in and then turn them and then count the turns back out, that’s the correct way right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 8
Yes, turn them in until they gently stop then count the correct turns out.

Your throttle lever should have a few mm of free play before the carb starts to open.

The "Big T" is the idle, turn it in to raise the idle rpm. 3,000 rpm out of the water is what you want.

Finally make sure your oil pump lever alignment marks are aligned.

Back