1997 SeaDoo GTX Piston Thrust Washers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

yrn2fly

Hello All,

Finally getting around to closing the case & putting the top end on our 787 GTX. Got a new Wiseco 1.0mm piston kit with the deal but... no thrust washers P/N 290 832 420, or new P/N 420 832 420. Wondering if any of you have some spare top end parts for sale and would be willing to sell the thrust washers (4 total). Atlantic has the full set for $30 a pair, but the delay in delivery would shoot down our June 6th day out. We've got new needle bearings but will buy spares if you'd prefer to sell the parts complete (listed as #16 on page 8 & 9 of the pdf parts manual). Used is fine as we're talking about using the thrust washers not the bearings themselves.

Thanks for any help!

M. Randolph
SoCal (San Diego)
1997 GTX (for sale in mid-June 09'; fresh engine, new LCD repair, nice trailer)
1996 GTS (for sale in mid-June 09'; great comps, runs awesome. Sold as pair)
1995 SPX (for sale in mid-June 09'; great comps, runs awesome. Sold as pair)
1990 650 SX i-like-to-fall-over ski :)

Thanks for the reply PWCdoc,

We've got the caged that were included with the Wiseco kit...

In one other search I found that Wiseco advertises: "... Complete piston kits include High-Performance forged pistons, rings, wrist pins, circlips and top-end gasket kit for one complete engine... Kit numbers WK1251, WK1252 and WK1253 order bearing number B1003. All other kits will use an OEM wrist pin bearing."

Because my Wiseco kit was from 1999 the part number was superseded but it did include needle bearings so I assume these are correct but... are the thrust washers needed? I took the caged Wiseco bearing to the dealer and they had the ...421 P/N in stock so we compared. Both the Wiseco caged and the non-caged OEM bearing (with end washers which I assume are thrust washers) were dimensionally the same.

In any case, thanks for the reply...!

M Randolph
SoCal (San Diego)
Where the smog is free and the tax rate is 9.75%

Attachments

• seadoo_kit.jpg
    seadoo_kit.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Need thrust washer for 96 Sportster pump...

I hope someone has a nice used one i can get....Please help me out if you have thanx....Its the Thrust washin in the rear pump....Thanx

Chester is correct and that's why I was asking. The thrust washer in the OEM setup is there to keep the needle rollers in place. The caged bearings have all the components incorporated into them so you don't need to worry about the thrust washers.

Hey

I have a problem with the gtx 2004 seadoo model. I have one at home and its supercharger has just went bad. We only had 63 hours on it. I want to repair it myself but I need to find the lowest prices for what I need to work with. It's doesnt seem like it would be that hard. The guys we went to and asked to repair it asked for $1200!!! Their INSANE! I know I will need the washers probably a manual and some special tools? I've been looking around and seadoo has already been preparing for folks like me by jackin' up the prices on these items. :ack:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chester/PWCdoc thanks for the input. I had assumed that the thrust washer was only for the non-caged bearings but wanted to get a second opinion. Maybe I should send this to Wiseco so that they'll know the answer to this question next time. In any case thanks again for the info.

:cheers:

Back