1997 Sea Doo GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodster56

hello everyone, this is my first post here. I just purchased a 1997 Sea Doo GTX today, when I brought it home and started it, it idles at 3000 rpm, I cant firgure out how adjust that down. It also has a rattle from inside the impeller, when you shine a light up inside, I cant see anything, but it kind of seems like the impeller isnt spinning perfectly straight and possiblt hits the casing when it spins, I asked the guy about the noise and he said its done that for years. I'm not sure if maybe when I put it in the water if it'll stop or get quieter? Right now I really want to get the idling slower...any help would be great....

It should idle 3k out of the water, and 1400-1500 in the water. Most Seadoos will
rattle when no load is on the prop, like accelleration it will stop. This is due to prop
shaft tolerence. Very Common. Bills86e

Ahhh great!!!!! Thanks a million, I usually don't run them out of the water, so I thought that may be the case...makes me feel alot better now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back