1997 Sea Doo Bombadier XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any safety feature where the engine will not rev because there is no pressure from no water being pumped?

I suggest you not buy an old ski if you can't work on them. You must purchase a good compression tester and take it with you if you do plan to buy a used jet ski and learn how to test the compression. it is very easy

I suggest you not buy an old ski if you can't work on them. You must purchase a good compression tester and take it with you if you do plan to buy a used jet ski and learn how to test the compression. it is very easy

Yea I just don’t have the time or resources to work on it right now with my current job. I’d rather just pay someone.

Yea I just don’t have the time or resources to work on it right now with my current job. I’d rather just pay someone.

I'm trying to understand this post and why you reached out for advice and then ignored it. You were given suggestions where to start and you choose to bring it somewhere? Keep in mind, the ski you bought is 21 years old, the resources to best fix it are the people on this forum that keep them running, not someone at a dealer who rarely sees them. You want to blame the people who sold it to you? why? And you attempted to contact them to what? get your money back? You'd be wasting your time going to small claims court, the sellers didn't do anything wrong, it could completely blow up or sink the first trip to the lake and you'd have zero recourse. If you're unwilling to work on it, you might as well cut the losses and sell it, otherwise it'll drain you financially, big time. Or you could learn how to work on it, it's not that difficult, resources are available, that's what this forum is for, learning, sharing ideas and experiences.

I'm trying to understand this post and why you reached out for advice and then ignored it. You were given suggestions where to start and you choose to bring it somewhere? Keep in mind, the ski you bought is 21 years old, the resources to best fix it are the people on this forum that keep them running, not someone at a dealer who rarely sees them. You want to blame the people who sold it to you? why? And you attempted to contact them to what? get your money back? You'd be wasting your time going to small claims court, the sellers didn't do anything wrong, it could completely blow up or sink the first trip to the lake and you'd have zero recourse. If you're unwilling to work on it, you might as well cut the losses and sell it, otherwise it'll drain you financially, big time. Or you could learn how to work on it, it's not that difficult, resources are available, that's what this forum is for, learning, sharing ideas and experiences.
No I 100% agree. This is the first time in 10 years I have been remotely close to a lake and I have to worm 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I have no doubt I can learn and fix everything. I just don’t have the time right now. I started this thread to learn, so I could speak intelligently when I brought it to someone. It’s fixed now. The was no wear ring left. I can tell the fuel system needs to be gone through here pretty soon but it works. It’s only cost me about $500. I DEFINITELY did not ignore any of the advice. The first thing I had them do is test the compression. Compression was great. So we moved on. And for 21 years old, she runs great!! Thanks for the input.

Where do you see that it’s been professionally repainted?
493db8b45f8cd97efb080627d341a9ab.png

Yea small world! About to take it out to the lake today. Works fine. And the people I bought it from said it was repainted. I believe them. There is no way it looks that good after 21 years.

Just going to be honest, you might get 1500 if they don’t pop the hood open. If they see that engine, $500

I don’t know what you guys are talking about? It runs just fine? I have a drone video I have been sending to people to show them I was doing about 50. It works fine. Just needed some love. I don’t know why people are so negative on here. Polished turd? Really? If I was trying to get ride of it and pass on a “polished turd” I wouldn’t have done anything to it. I took it to a dealership and had professionals work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back