1997 kawi 1100 stx starting problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfBeat

To the point:

While at the River last week, while depressing the starter button to start my Kawi 1100 STX, although the starter engaged several times and just about cranked over the engine, all of a sudden it would not crank at all.

The engine compartment was free of water, so, I presumed my problem did not lie with water ingestion into the engine.

A couple years ago while experiencing the identical problem I have now I simply replaced the start/stop apparatus without testing it. (I did not know how, so I took the easiest route to remedy the problem)

Because I am faced with the same problem, I now want to know how to diagnose/repair this problem quickly so I know how to do it and can head out to the River one more time in the next few weeks.

To that end, all suggestions will be appreciated.

1) Do I start by checking the stop/start apparatus? if yes, how is continuity checked?

2) If the problem dies not lie there, is the next stop the starter relay? If so, how does one check the relay to ascertain if it is functioning?

3) If that is ok, then do I move onto the starter? If yes, how is that checked?

Where do I go from there?

I will send a Olive Garden gift certificate to the guy or gal who gets me going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back