1997 Challenger RPM Issues - Low Battery??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCabralFamily

Good Morning,

We were able to finally take the boat out after a few repairs, and still having issues with each engine. one will run at 7,000 rpm and the other at 4200 RPM, then switch back and forth that way. every few minutes I can get both up to 7,000 and they run strong. The battery seems low on the boat, and could possibly be bad, but before I spend another $100 on this boat I wanted to see if the low RPM is being caused by a bad battery? What tipped me off was when I went back home, charged it for three hours the engines seemed to be fine at full rpm (on trailer) Thank You

Tim

they sell cheap digital voltmeter guages that plug right into your accessory socket in the glove compartment - I get them on ebay - should be 12.5 or so not running - 13 + when running.

Check your ground wires to motor and battery

Battery is critical, have it tested and fully charged.

If you are still having problems disconnect the rectifiers and if it runs fine, re-attach the rectifiers one at a time. If one of them is causing the boat to run funny replace that rectifier.

Contact Westside Motorsports for used OEM parts, do not buy aftermarket electrical parts they are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back