RESTO 1997 Challenger 1800 no spark.. Ignition coil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The clear line with the check valve is your vent line for the oil system. I’m not sure where that one is run to on your specific hull, but it works to let air in the tank to displace the oil as it’s used. It’s not a huge concern that it’s not vented to the outside IMO...

The fuel sending unit connector has been hacked together to bypass the low fuel warning. I’m going to go ahead and assume that the float system isn’t working, and you’ll want to repair that before fixing the wiring.

As for the oil tank itself, some have had luck with patching them, but most wind up replacing the tank as the plastic weld rarely holds...

The clear line with the check valve is your vent line for the oil system. I’m not sure where that one is run to on your specific hull, but it works to let air in the tank to displace the oil as it’s used. It’s not a huge concern that it’s not vented to the outside IMO...

The fuel sending unit connector has been hacked together to bypass the low fuel warning. I’m going to go ahead and assume that the float system isn’t working, and you’ll want to repair that before fixing the wiring.

As for the oil tank itself, some have had luck with patching them, but most wind up replacing the tank as the plastic weld rarely holds...

Thanks JeremyD. Then I won’t worry about the vent and keep it how it is. I’m gonna take a stab at repairing the tank, but you may be right. It’s in a weird spot and will be hard to fix, we’ll see how that goes. With the gas tank, Do I replace the whole float system or can it be repaired without replacing? Also, how do I remove the grommet that’s holding the unit in place without damaging?

Finally have been able to get back to some work on the boat after accidentally impaling my hand with my knife.
I purchased some polyethylene tubing from Lowe’s and welded the cracks on the oil reservoir. I found that all the bolt holes had big cracks so I closed them all up and tested out good without leaks. I also got the new oil filters today. Some questions before I re-install the tank and replace my oil lines.

- I see two thicker lines, are those 18mm and can I buy this tubing from Lowe’s/home depot?
-I see one thinner tube, is this 16mm?
- the engine diagram shows the oil lines closer to the tank.. like maybe 6 inches or so from tank. My current set up has them at the very bottom. Which is correct?

Also, while I was fiddling with the current oil lines, a random ground wire seemed to fish itself out of no where. It appears to be attached somewhere on the bottom left engine. Where does this need to go? That could be vague so I can take pictures or video if needed.

This is the ground wire that I’m unsure goes to
It’s the left engine on the right side. It’s attached down there but unsure where it needs to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back