1996 SPI stops cranking and alarm beeps twice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koos2214

Hi newbie here so be easy on me. I picked this seadoo up with the purchase of a lake house. Previous owner tried to jump start it and believed he fried the mpem. Every time the positive battery cable was connected it blew the 5amp fuse. I recently purchased a new mpem and battery. Installed both and when I hit the start button it would crank for a short time and the alarm would beep twice. I can do this 3 or 4 times and then nothing. The weird thing is if i disconnect the stator pin connector it remembers i pressed the start button and when i plug it back in it makes a noise like it is trying to crank. I can then start the process of it cranking a short time and beeping again. Here is what i have checked. Mpem connections and grounds in electrical box. Start/stop switch, key switch, removed the plugs and was able to spin motor. I am not very good electrically troubleshooting so any help would be appreciated. I am thinking it is an aftermarket mpem and now reading through the internet it looks like I should have stayed away from aftermarket.

Yes, the aftermarket MPEMs are junk.

Contact nick or Jess at Westside Powersports for a guaranteed used OEM one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back