1996 Seadoo Challenge won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

somac213

I started my challenger dry for about 5 seconds at the house after trying for a few hours (had to give full throttle for this). The next day in the water, it would turn over and over but never start. It has been sitting for about 4 months.

Spark plugs were replaced just in case but I still can't start the thing. My next option is to pull the plugs out and turn it over to blow some of the oil out (maybe plugged oil supply?)

I only choke a little so I won't flood the engine. Could I have water in my gas as well?

Thanks,

I would attempt to start it on the hose in the driveway first. Get it started than turn on the water so as not to flood the engine with water and when it starts run it for a about 3-5 minutes. Then run it in the water. Make sure the battery is charged up and it turns over quickly. If not, remove the battery and charge it up. Check the plugs and be sure they are clean. Check the water fuel separator on the fuel line and be sure it isn't full of water. ( it's in front of the engine just below the ski pylon)Choke it, and fire it up, it should start. If not give us a shout back, and we'll give you more advise.

Karl

If everything else doesn't work, seadoosnipe might be right ...let us know so we can get you in the right direction.

of course

My boat started with no problems in the driveway Saturday and ran for about 5 minutes with the hose.

The only things I did is replace the plugs (even though the old ones looked fine) and re-charge the battery. All I can guess is that I initially flooded the motor, then ran down the battery by trying to re-start over and over.

Let's hope it does what it's supposed in the water this weekend. Thanks guys for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back