1996 GSX 787 compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

timinmtta

Hello everyone, I would like to get someones opinion, as you could see I have 1996 GSX w/787 carb. My question is w/ both plugs removed I have 110 psi in each cylinder, I have read they should be 150 or more, does this warrant a top end rebuild? The problems I am having are WOT & cold starts, only run about 6500 & I have to choke allot, for 1st start. Thanks in advance

Its time for a top end. Measure the RV clearance, then have the RV cover re-machined. Its money well spent! No more hard starts. Bills86e

Well, if I should do the top end, I don't think I could do it. I have seen a website for Fullbore, They say send them your head & rave valves & they will bore & size for $300.00, that sounds like that would be the way to go, I think I could do that. has anyone had an experience w/them?

I recently sent them my cylinders. I had 130 in one and around 100 in the other. They are on there way back to me now will be here tuesday. I purchased the platinum top end with the RAVE mod. Turnaround was 1 1/2 weeks. I was impressed with the price. Others have told me they do great work.

They do good work and the travel time from Ohio is quick, they have a good reputation around the great lakes area where I live and travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back