1995 sea doo gtx when connector going to stater is plugged in 5 amp fuse pops, unplugged no issues with fuse. but no beeps or gauges responding.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy1946

when connector going to stater is plugged in 5 amp fuse pops, unplugged no issues with fuse. but no beeps or gauges responding. Lanyard applied to hold down power button. Even tried a separate ground cable to the elec box grounding post and same popping 5 amp fuse

Best case scenario you are shorting out . Stator could be toast or have metal shavings in it. Worst case computer is toast. Have u jumpstarted the ski or hooked the battery up backwards ? If not pull the front cover and pull the flywheel to inspect stator.

thanks, went back to the computer where the stater ground plugs into the the computer (black with red strip) undid it and checked again with new fuse no popping fuse. reapplied connection (black with red strip) no popping ( this is nuts) battery 12.8 connection correct. even jumpered starter to crank motor over. fuse is still good. computer maybe? landyard is in place using start button. no beeps or sounds trying

question, reading other pieces here in the forum one mentioned marking the starter housing before unbuttoning unit for reassy. asking what would be the best advice.

Only if you remove the stator as far as marking it and the casing. It has to go back in the same place for timing. The stator is behind the flywheel on your ski so it has to be removed.

Your computer may be fried but the stator is worth a look. I’ve seen several popping that fuse because of metal shavings from the starter .

yes I did with a jumper box, doing initial start up times when battery got low. she started up and ran when I applied water for cooling. Think I my of burn it up stater or computer or rectifier. Thank you for the advice so far

You have most likely fried the computer. Minnetonka4me who is a member here probably has one for it.

will inspect stater, will a harmonic puller work removing flywheel or is it to big for the area
A harmonic puller will work but dont screw the bolts in too far.. could damage the stator. Youll prolly have to apply a little heat to the crank to help it out... I pulled my gunk frozen one off with a torch and a little persuasion with a 3lb sledge...

I am going to be pulling my flywheel on the SPI. I dread this freakin job and I am a machinist by trade, LOL. This Shiznit just doesn't cooperate and I'm don't intend on pulling the engine. I purchased the flywheel puller though and I'll hope for the best. Good luck with yours. :)

thanks mwat65 will text him, found his number when I searched his page. thanks again will update after my adventure

Best case scenario you are shorting out . Stator could be toast or have metal shavings in it. Worst case computer is toast. Have u jumpstarted the ski or hooked the battery up backwards ? If not pull the front cover and pull the flywheel to inspect stator.
hey Nick was awesome help in trouble shooting the issue, did order a mpem and his knowledge was great thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back