1995 hx 717 need help fixing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meathead

Hello all I got a pair of 1995 seadoo hx with the 717 motor for my wife's parents they have been sitting covered unused for 5 years now and they gave then to me. One has a seized motor and the other wouldn't start and run.

I'm working first on the one that wont run but has a good motor. I tore it down and figured I would do the carbs first then the pump etc. I bust the alkene screw that holds carb to motor so I will be drilling that out. Looks like a dissimilar metal corrosion problem.

I read I need to replace grey line does anyone have a schematic of all the hoses in case I forget where they go. Or part numbers? Is ther a repair and maintenance manual available somewhere?

I've worked on motorcycles and have some mechanical knowledge but this is all a learn as you go for me. Thanks for any help

I was going to take them all off and bring to an auto parts store to get the right sizes and length to replace them. Does anyone know this information so I could do one at a time.

There are manuals available online. Not sure about the rules to posting those links around here, but you can PM me.

Even then, my manual has a rats nest of a fuel line diagram.

Most of your lines should all be the same size. My 951 uses all 5/16 line, so I just went and bought a bunch of that. Your's could be 1/4 though, not sure.

No, yours are all 1/4 on the HX. Get a roll of 25' and your good to go. Just ask, I have an HX.

Awesome thanks guys. O noticed that theres a bunch of grey line zip tied in circle maybe 6 ft. Worth near the tank is there a reason for this or cut shorter

Ok thanks. I'm going to try and post some pictures of what I got going on thanks to everyone for helping me. Today I had to drill out bolts that attach carburetor to what I'm guessing is the oil pump assembly. What a pain 8 hrs later and one carb is toast from corrosion. I definitely need those part diagrams and service manuals.

Ok thanks. I'm going to try and post some pictures of what I got going on thanks to everyone for helping me. Today I had to drill out bolts that attach carburetor to what I'm guessing is the oil pump assembly. What a pain 8 hrs later and one carb is toast from corrosion. I definitely need those part diagrams and service manuals.

http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1=ac3f5410-0b3e-4b19-a2f1-7d7d6c09812d

Use the drop down menu on the left, seadoo watercraft, year, model etc............ You can click on the number and it will scroll you to the part#. But, just post pics of what you have or ask questions, lots of guys here with parts.

Finally got time again today. I started replacing the fuel lines and robbing parts from the other one so I could get 1 running. What's the white and red things called in picture? Is the white one supposed to be flush if so how do I connect the fuel line?

Attachments

• 20180723_191354.jpg
    20180723_191354.jpg
    985.5 KB · Views: 28
Before I bolt everything together today is there anything I need to do that's easy right now since the whole side of motor is out?

Your first picture looks like vent check valves... I'm not familiar with the ski so probably best to let @racerxxx reply.

Second picture... The black bushing comes off that check valve. Put it in the hole first (from the inside) and then insert the valve. You probably won't get it in in one piece.

Finally got time again today. I started replacing the fuel lines and robbing parts from the other one so I could get 1 running. What's the white and red things called in picture? Is the white one supposed to be flush if so how do I connect the fuel line?

Those are correct and have a plastic barb on the bottom side.

Is there an easy way to get this in? Should I buy a new one?

No need to buy a new one unless it does't hold pressure in one direction. Install the rubber grommet first then push the check valve into it with a little windex.

Before I bolt everything together today is there anything I need to do that's easy right now since the whole side of motor is out?

Make sure all hoses are clear and replace the small 3/32" oil injection lines with new tygon hose.

Make sure all hoses are clear and replace the small 3/32" oil injection lines with new tygon hose.

Are you talking about these? Is it the really small ones or the bigger line with filter

Attachments

• 15324560509702100021883903262324.jpg
    15324560509702100021883903262324.jpg
    980.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 15324560691029222347018925468274.jpg
    15324560691029222347018925468274.jpg
    841.5 KB · Views: 17
Are you talking about these? Is it the really small ones or the bigger line with filter
Those are the ones and those are original so I would get them out before they break. The large ones do not need to be replaced but I would change the oil filter and verify the oil is the correct API-TC spec.

Those are the ones and those are original so I would get them out before they break. The large ones do not need to be replaced but I would change the oil filter and verify the oil is the correct API-TC spec.

Is that the inside or outside diameter?

I ordered it from a parts store. Also got all the filters and spark arrestor. Going to finish it today. Any specific starting points for setting carb cables up first so i dont have to tear off spark arestor to adjust in water

Well its all together not sure if carbs setup right but tried to make sure they both work at same time. Only 1 problem left.... my choke cable is stuck so the rod wont go far enough to hook to 2nd carb. How do u take off cowling those little phillips pin rivets black one dont budge. Any advice? Also anything i should check on the jet out back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back