1995 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
since my GTX wont start I have been asking around and I was told that It could be that the time may be off on my seadoo and that is why it is not starting , I need an opinion could this be my problem and does anyone know what are the time expects on My 657 GTX thanks on advance

4 of July it was running fine all day until it sat down for like one hour and then it didn't want to start gas is clean and also the carburetors .

you have checked spark, compression, and fuel delivery since it stopped? Did you try to put a little fuel directly into the carb then try cranking? Are the spark plugs dry?

if the spark plugs are not wet after cranking and it is not firing i am thinking it is not getting fuel. Shoot a little fuel into the carb or spark plug holes and then try cranking to see if it fires.

so it could be flooded. when was the last time you cleaned the carbs? did you replace the needle and seat? it could be stuck open.

how are you testing spark? is the starter running strong? if your battery is weak the cdi may not produce the signal. do not jump the battery....you may blow up the mpem....then for sure you will not get spark.

I also changed the mpem from my gti and they are the same part number put it on my gtx and didn't start but I put the mpem from my gtx on my gti and it will start right up with ether mpem.I tested the spark with 2 of these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_170631_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_170631_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
wierd.....i did have a 2000 951 gtx shear the key holding the mag in place on the crank which messed up the timing.....but you said that yours was running one day, then not the next without some trauma event take place........thinking.....i am sure there is someone here in the forum that can chime in.

changed your spark plugs? trimmed your spark plug cables? there could be a little corrosion on the ends of the cables.

I have done all of that. Yes it was rRunning fine just the 4th of July that started acting up and I haven't been able to get it to start since then

Back