1995 GTX High Speed Jet sizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfandl

Premium Member
Premium Member
I just seized my rear cylinder in my 1995 GTX 657 engine and need some help preventing it from happening again. There was a small crack on the rotary valve cover MAG side top which I found after performing a leak down test. I'm going to replace the rotary cover, top end rebuild and new crank seals (both ends). I've been reading that it's more common problem on the seadoo two strokes due to the higher load on the PTO side the rear cylinder also runs lean. GroupK has an excellent article on the topic where they recommend a larger rear high-speed jet. http://www.groupk.com/tec-seizures.htm
The article doesn't tell you what jet size increases were successful and I was wondering what, if anyone, could recommend for changing it out to? I have the stock 132.5 for both high-speed jets. I can go 135, 137.5, 140.0, etc. Anyone have experience with this? I'd rather not seize the motor again, but owning the ski since new, 22 years is pretty good life. The rest of the ski is in excellent condition and looks better than a lot of 2013/2014 skis I've been looking at that are all scuffed up so putting a few bucks into it is worth it.

A stock seadoo will run perfectly with stock jetting. Yours seized from either an air leak or dirty carb and/or fuel system and not from the factory jets needing to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back