1995 GTX exhaust manifold stud broken inside...options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug

I have a 1995 GTX. The joint between the exhaust manifold and tuned pipe started leaking fumes and water. In unbolting the pipe and sliding it out of the way...yup the stud (that the nut goes over) has broken off. I've unbolted the the pipe and exhaust cone as one unit but there's no room to get it all out. Here's my options I'm thinking I have:

1. Try to drill a hold in broken off stud in manifold and try to Easy Out it. Im my experiences, that can be hard to do.

2. Remove the exhaust manifold and replace. Tried to get a couple of those cap screws started, but it's gonna be impossible with the piping and cone in the way. I hate cap screws.

3. Remove the purple tuned pipe and purple exhaust cone. I can't seem to break free the joint between the pipe and the cone where it's just a seal with the band clamp. The band clamp nut is all the way off and I've tried to pulling them apart with no success. It's stuck.

4, Pull the motor to get access to everything.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• seadoo1.JPG
    seadoo1.JPG
    578.2 KB · Views: 7
  • seadoo2.JPG
    seadoo2.JPG
    696.2 KB · Views: 7
  • seadoo3.JPG
    seadoo3.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 7
Your going to have to split the pipe joint and remove the lower pipe bolts too.

Get a screwdriver under the stainless clamp and work it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back