787 Exhaust replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a 1996 GTX exhaust. I went through everything to get it running up to the point of water testing. Hooked up to the hose and was leaking water from the purple pipe to the white manifold pipe junction. Couple of quick questions. I'm using a titan exhaust manifold gasket on the top joint and I have the brass washer for the large clamp joint. Can you use the ultra copper on the manifold gasket or is it not needed and can you reuse the brass washer?

Yes the copper gasket is reusable. Clean it and the mating surfaces very well. I put copper RTV on both sides. As for the pipe to manifold gasket I never put anything on that joint. You just have to make sure both surfaces are clean and smooth and tightened evenly. I use Titan gaskets or whatever the vendor has available. Good Luck.

Yes the copper gasket is reusable. Clean it and the mating surfaces very well. I put copper RTV on both sides. As for the pipe to manifold gasket I never put anything on that joint. You just have to make sure both surfaces are clean and smooth and tightened evenly. I use Titan gaskets or whatever the vendor has available. Good Luck.
Thanks I will give it a go. I have been waiting on a new copper gasket but will use the old.

Had to have a new aluminum. Plug welded on the tuned pipe. Bolted it on and water tested. Top joint had a little water seepage at first but seems okay now. First time I was able to check the ski under load. Maiden voyage was not a success. Found out I have a bad rectifier. System charging to 16-17v with open throttle to 5500rpms. Hopefully that's the last issue but never know, it's an old ski.

They are all old. :D You can use some products to seal leaks in the pipe. I like to have them aluminum welded but have used JB Weld a time or two. I've seen them holding with RTV. :) Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back