1994 SPX Dies But Restarts.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke000

I pulled my 1994 SPX out of the garage over the weekend to get it fired up running on the spigot. I put new gas in it, hooked up a good battery, etc. The jet ski will start up and run for about 10-30 seconds and then dies, it does not seem like a fuel problem and more of an electrical issue somewhere. I was having a problem with it dyng at high speed last year, so i rebuilt the carbs and replaced all the fuel lines as well as cleaned up the ground cable that attaches to the engine to no help. The symptoms are the same this year only much more prolific. When the jet ski dies, the oil light turns off (always on, I premix) it will restart and run right away after dying. I am stumped of where to start looking, any advice is much appreciated! I will answer any questions the best i can.

I would try loosening the gas cap and see if that helps. My '95 SPX would seem to do something similar to this and I noticed that when the cap was loosened, the problem went away, but would return when the cap was tight. I replaced the little check valves in the fuel system and no more problems.

Let's trouble shoot here:

1). Check the engine compression in both cylinders.
2). Is there any air in the lines?

Compression is good (131, 134 PIS via my gauge) and I dont believe there is any air in the lines....this seems to be more of an electrical/ignition problem rather than a fuel problem.

I checked it without the fuel cap on and it is the same story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back