1994 SeaDoo SPI Help!?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's not worth it at all when the price of a reman is not too much more than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can bid it down if I have to. I don't know a decent place
To get it reman from. The post about seadoo engine house or whatever that's close to me the guy never replied yet so I guess I can wait for that.

I wouldnt buy a used motor off ebay. Its a crap shoot really. You have a 50/50 shot of it being a runner or a grenade.

I shipped a 587 with a few other things inside the tub for about $71 from Florida to Michigan. That was in March of 2012.

Yeah unfortunately shipping is where SBT pays for their warranty. SBT gives NO ONE, not even their dealers, a break on their INSANE shipping prices. Not only that, they do NOT cover shipping on a warranty issue.

I think the last time I checked it was $210 from FL to MN and back. It costs them maybe $60 with their fedex account. Complete joke.

The Fedex person that took my core back gave me the receipt for SBT by mistake... 37$ is all they paid!!! Freaking ridiculous what they charged me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I absolutely HATE shell games. I would think a guy close to SBT could make a killing being a middle man, although once SBT figured it out Im sure they would shut it down.

The problem is people see their list price and dont take into account the shipping charges.

840$ sounds really good. Then they hit me with a 150$ shipping to GA. turned into 1000$ really quick. But if you need an engine quick they are the only game around that will have you an engine on your doorstep in 3 days.

I wish they would offer something other than the air freight at a cheaper price

I recently rebuilt my buddies yamaha 1200 wave-runner. Newer, middle
Oil line blew off and screwed the middle cylinder, actually blew the power valve off too. Spent around 1,200-1,500 for a new motor and got hit with around 150-250 in shipping to PA

SES gave me a quote of $900 for a 787 premium rebuild, which included shipping 1 way. He was working on 4 weeks.

If you know your way around the engine and have time to be patient finding good deals on parts, you can rebuild it yourself and probably save $200, the disadvantage is no 2 yr "no fault" warranty

If your core is a good rebuild-able core I would rebuild that one oppose to rolling the dice on something from ebay for $400 . Even if the comp is 140 psi there still can be 300 hours on that motor.

SES gave me a quote of $900 for a 787 premium rebuild, which included shipping 1 way. He was working on 4 weeks.

If you know your way around the engine and have time to be patient finding good deals on parts, you can rebuild it yourself and probably save $200, the disadvantage is no 2 yr "no fault" warranty

If your core is a good rebuild-able core I would rebuild that one oppose to rolling the dice on something from ebay for $400 . Even if the comp is 140 psi there still can be 300 hours on that motor.

Yeah I know. That's what I'm waiting for. A day to pull the motor and see what happened. We all really don't know what happened to
It till I get time to dig Into it. I just wanted to see what options are. Like someone said before it's a 20 y/o engine that could be tired. Regardless of it being a minor problem.

Okay, so I have made a executive decision on just dropping a new engine in no matter what, I think sbt said $130 for a 70lb engine.. I think that's alittle extensive but oh well. That's for round shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back