1994 and 1995 XP and 1995 SP Fuel System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty72

Hey guys, I found a "reputable" mechanic in my area with 30 years of nothing but PWC experience. I asked him how much he wanted to change all of my original oe grey fuel lines, rebuild the carbs with oe kits, and just basically go thru the fuel system. I got a figure from him but wanted to ask opinions on what you guys think that for parts and labor what would be a fair price to pay for that. I'm not adverse to paying what's fair if I don't undertake it myself, but this is the same guy who quoted me $125 to manually adjust my VTS to halfway. I ended up doing it myself with a jump box in 10 minutes. Anyway, any opinions are appreciated. I know how to change lines and put new clamps on, just not familiar with carbs, fuel selector, fuel baffle......so figured it would be easier to have it done. Thanks.

George

Carb kits are $45 each and needle and seats are $17 each for OEM parts.
Fuel strainer is $30 and Fuel valve is $30.
Fuel hose would be about $25.
So for a dual carb service you are looking at $200 in parts with a little for misc supplies.
Figure about 3 hours at $75 per hour for a skilled mechanic and your total for parts and labor is $425.

This is exactly why it pays to learn how to do it yourself.

Carb kits are $45 each and needle and seats are $17 each for OEM parts.
Fuel strainer is $30 and Fuel valve is $30.
Fuel hose would be about $25.
So for a dual carb service you are looking at $200 in parts with a little for misc supplies.
Figure about 3 hours at $75 per hour for a skilled mechanic and your total for parts and labor is $425.

This is exactly why it pays to learn how to do it yourself.

That's pretty much what he quoted me. What's a good source for oe parts that old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back