1993 Gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ElectricFence

We just purchased 2 93 GTXs. Took them both out in mid June they worked ok except idle. Took them to Lake Elsinore for July 4. My friends daughter rode them very hard and brought them back running poorly or not at all several times mostly stupid things like no gas ,gas off, flooded and the like. My friend and I seemed to have little problem clearing these things up and no problems when we rode them. By the end of the day one doesnt run at all and the other is hard starting. So I started drinking heavy and stopped fixing them.
These are our first PWCs but we do know our way around air and water cooled 2stroke toys and tools.
We have spark, compression (120psi), it cranks (New battery) and sprayed a little starter fluid in the cylinders and it will not even try to start. I suspect there is either a problem with aspiration ventalation (hose) or timing (electro advance). I dont think it shearded a shaft key. We do have an after market tech manual but it doesnt seem very helpful and too general. Too many words like unfortunatly, difficult to obtain specialized tools, unadjustable and set at the factory.
I am sure there are a list of easy fixes that a real seadoo mech can point us to. OR??? is there someone in North San Diego County or South Riverside County that is willing to work on these? The dealer will not touch anything older than 10 years.

Back