1989 Sea Doo 600 SP vintage NO SPARK

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dschutt

Hi guys i just did up a nice 89 sea doo 600 sp. I rode it 3 times scince i finished it i love how light and nimble it is compared to my slt780. However i just got it out of storage and it has no spark. Ran fine when i winterized it. So i got my clymer service manual out and opened up the electrical box. I gagged when i got that oh so bad smell of burning electrical components. So just for the hell of it i checked all the switches and pickup coil outputs. Everything seemed good. But the smell was coming from the speed limiter. Its a little black box with 2 screw holes and 3 wires (red,black,brown) I did some reserch and found a way a guy claims u can test it. If he knows what hes talking about, its fried. My question is does anyone have a known good way to test it? where can i get a new one and will any of the snowmobiles with the same engine fit? what year and application will use the same part? please reply im dying to get on the water.... Thanks, Dave

I have a box out of a 91 sp that i know is good if that will help you. It should be the same sense they both have yellow motors. Now how you would test yours i have no idea........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back