1986 GTX seadoo PWC won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfwalsh

just bought this used, doesn't run,
bombardier 657 rotex, battery is good, starter works if jumped, but when push button to start it does nothing. I changed the 15 & 5 amp fuses so they are good. Can anyone help?:confused:

just bought this used, doesn't run,
bombardier 657 rotex, battery is good, starter works if jumped, but when push button to start it does nothing. I changed the 15 & 5 amp fuses so they are good. Can anyone help?:confused:

well, first i believe this is the 4 tec section and im sure this is a 2 stroke carb engine, should be posted in the 2 cycle threads :) so your saying engines turns when jumping from starter. hmmm well im no expert but im sure all pwc have some sort of starter solenoids so i would check there and you could possibly need a new starter button. So from the starter button to the starter lies your problem. good luck, i hate fixing stuff:ack: im sure the real pro's here will post soon:grouphug: wow they really had a 1986 GTX seadoo?

Last edited by a moderator:
1986 hmmm..... are you sure it's not a 96? Anyway if you can jump the two posts on the solenoid and it starts it's most likely needs a new solenoid. Or do you mean jump start from another battery? If you are jump starting from another battery be very careful, only jump from another battery and make sure the vehicle is not running, really not a good idea.

Check the HIN, hull identification number, the last two digits is the year, and post back. Also as the post above this should be in the 2-stroke forum.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back