195 and 215 Top Speeds?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

pwgsx

Does anyone know the top speeds of the 195 N/A vs Supercharged as well as the 215 N/A and Supercharged models?

542 views and no one knows the top speeds, even the dealer had no clue when I called :( , time to look at a Yamaha LOL

I can't help you with the boat speeds...

It gets slower around here in the winter months. If no one answers in a week or so, reply to your own post to bring it back to the top...

http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=3293

Scarab 215 HO Impulse (2015-) Test Result Highlights
Top speed for the Scarab 215 HO Impulse (2015-) is 54.9 mph (88.4 kph), burning 35.0 gallons per hour (gph) or 132.48 liters per hour (lph).

Best cruise for the Scarab 215 HO Impulse (2015-) is 26.8 mph (43.1 kph), and the boat gets 3.3 miles per gallon (mpg) or 1.4 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 123 miles (197.95 kilometers).

Tested power is 2 x 200-hp Rotax.

Scarab 195 HO (2015-)
http://www.boattest.com/boats/boat_video.aspx?ID=3265

We have not had the opportunity to test the 195 HO ourselves, however Scarab reports that with a Rotax 1.5L Supercharged 200-hp engine she'll reach a top speed of 40 mph. Testing with a Rotax 1.5L Supercharged HO 250-hp the Scarab 195 will hit 43 mph at WOT, according to the builder.

Scarab 195 HO (2015-)

We have not had the opportunity to test the 195 HO ourselves, however Scarab reports that with a Rotax 1.5L Supercharged 200-hp engine she'll reach a top speed of 40 mph. Testing with a Rotax 1.5L Supercharged HO 250-hp the Scarab 195 will hit 43 mph at WOT, according to the builder.

Thought they would do better than that, but then it is only a 3 cylinder....:)

They need to throw sea doo's new 300hp motor in there

300hp from 1 motor is better then 155 hp X 2

I think it was last months boating magazine where they compared single vs multiple engines in different boats and also 3 vs 4 engines.... The articles showed how much better fuel economy would be and also how max speed was similar with less power....and also less weight.

Scarab 195 HO (2015-)

I can verify that my new 2016 195 HOI with 250 HP does about 43 MPH at WOT.

300hp from 1 motor is better then 155 hp X 2

I think it was last months boating magazine where they compared single vs multiple engines in different boats

I expect comparing two jet drives versus propeller out drives to be entirely different. There's no drag of a second out drive's lower unit with jets. I'd imagine two jet pumps are better than one on boats since you're accelerating twice the amount of water. This might not be beneficial on a 800 pound PWC, but on a 3000 pound boat I expect it to be very useful.

I expect comparing two jet drives versus propeller out drives to be entirely different. There's no drag of a second out drive's lower unit with jets. I'd imagine two jet pumps are better than one on boats since you're accelerating twice the amount of water. This might not be beneficial on a 800 pound PWC, but on a 3000 pound boat I expect it to be very useful.

I wasn't referring to two jets vs one prop unit, but 2 jet vs 1 jet or 2 prop vs 1 prop all with the same total power.

There is increased drag with the second engine, it comes in the form of additional weigh to the boat thus sitting just that much lower in the water creating drag/friction.

I am far from a engineer thus just guessing here. my thinking on being able to push more water through two pumps is that even at 300hp through one pump your not close to the max power or flow the jet drive can move, thus it shouldnt be a concern/issue. I could see that if you are wanting say 500-600HP or more where you might be at the limits of what can be processed.... but oem power levels shouldn't be a issue.

I read the article at the local book store, it might be posted on their website now?

I can't recall for sure but I do not believe they had any jet drive boats that were discussed in the article. The same argument in regards to multiple jets can push more water vs a single jet drive could be argued with a conventional prop/outdrive.

You can also load your boat up with say 300# of people to see how acceleration etc change with more weight, not sure what each engine weights I would assume at least 300#?

Seadoo 180SE 255 HP - 90-95 kph max on the speedo with only me the driver -but GPS says it's slower about 82-85 kph. Pretty zippy though - close to 50 mph

Back