180 Cover: Does it use poles?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Poppy cover has the zipper gas cover. Just call Poppy Covers up. Terri in customer service will be happy to answer all you questions. 1-317-442-2491. Good luck.

I believe I have the stock cover, and it is trailerable. Maybe one of you can confirm if this is a stock cover?

I'm with Carboncow. Doesn't appear to be stock due to the lack of branding on it. See post #4 for my stock cover that matches the pics CC posted.

Just put on my poppy cover. First impressions are that its made way better than the OEM cover (no Velcro around the Bimini top area so just drop the Bimini to the rear and bring the cover over it. There are aluminum poles for the bow and the rear section that connect via nylon straps to the cleats on the boat and to each other. There's a spot to open for access to the gas cap, and the dual ratchet system is amazing at tightening everything down. It doesn't say "poppy" anywhere on it but has the "outer armor" brand in several places.

So far so good.

113.jpg
114.jpg
115.jpg

Interesting. It looks like I have a Poppy cover, then. On the Commercial Sewing web site (commercialsewing.com), they describe their "Outer Armor" covers, with a "VacuHold" system and dual ratchet straps. I also have the reinforced holes for the cleats.

IMG_3819.jpgIMG_3822.jpgIMG_3820.jpg

I purchased mine directly from the poppy website.

Thanks. I thought I saw someone say $350.00 and saw that it would be $389 so I thought there may be a cheaper alternative. For example buying SeaDek from Jetboatpilot.com is actually cheaper then buying from SeaDek!

Thanks guys...I think I'll dump my mediocre OEM cover back on the bay public...lose a few bucks to get the poppy.

If you enter "Facebook" on the poppy website coupon code you'll save $5 or $10. You'll see the ratchet mechanism and how it's built into the cover and it'll be worth the $350 right then.

If you enter "Facebook" on the poppy website coupon code you'll save $5 or $10. You'll see the ratchet mechanism and how it's built into the cover and it'll be worth the $350 right then.

Is there much a difference in the OEM ratchet system? It works pretty well too. They put them in a different place?

www.jmcamping.com or maybe this link works http://www.jmcamper.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=10

click shopping tab

seadoo sportboat covers

year, model.........

Just scroll all the way down the web pages after you click the links, I think it's messed up but if you see web code just scroll down and you will get to the meat and potatoes of what you're looking for. Says it's lists for $328. It's vaccu-hold, has poles, ratchet etc..... If you notice it has the same last 4 numbers as the poppy cover. I think all the covers are made by commercial just sold thru different vendors. I never cared to figure it out that much to be honest. Don't forget to factor in your shipping. I am no way affiliated with this business and have NEVER done business with them either.

The ratchet is in the same area as the OEM cover but it is in a better designed holder and there are 2 ratchets instead of the one OEM comes with. The two allow you to get a tighter fit around the boat for travel and also you can give the rear a little more slack if you've got the Bimini folded under. The cover also has rubber around each cleat hole so they won't rip if you get it caught on something

www.jmcamping.com or maybe this link works http://www.jmcamper.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=10

click shopping tab

seadoo sportboat covers

year, model.........

Just scroll all the way down the web pages after you click the links, I think it's messed up but if you see web code just scroll down and you will get to the meat and potatoes of what you're looking for. Says it's lists for $328. It's vaccu-hold, has poles, ratchet etc..... If you notice it has the same last 4 numbers as the poppy cover. I think all the covers are made by commercial just sold thru different vendors. I never cared to figure it out that much to be honest. Don't forget to factor in your shipping. I am no way affiliated with this business and have NEVER done business with them either.

Going this direction tonight...just put my OEM cover on eBay...cannot take all the tree/pine needles finding their way into the holes for the wake tower!

Anyone know how long turn around is on the Poppy and/or J&M units? I thought I read somewhere that the Poppy's can take 4-8 weeks...so I'm wondering if I shouldn't have listed my OEM!

I received my cover about a week after placing the order. I'm sure it would depend on your model but they do a great job of staying in touch about when your order is being shipped etc. I do miss the rear zippered section of the OEM cover but the overall quality of the poppy cover makes up for that. You'll be very happy

I received my cover about a week after placing the order. I'm sure it would depend on your model but they do a great job of staying in touch about when your order is being shipped etc. I do miss the rear zippered section of the OEM cover but the overall quality of the poppy cover makes up for that. You'll be very happy

We told you so. When was the last time a company stayed in touch with you about their product. They take your money and run. A unique company and a great product.

We told you so. When was the last time a company stayed in touch with you about their product. They take your money and run. A unique company and a great product.

I agree. It's worth noting I got the same service from JetBoatPilot when I ordered the Vector Steering as well as my SeaDeck. When they were short on product and it would take and extra week they called me before I had a chance to call them. Worth it's weight in gold when companies still do this!

I ordered mine tonight...we update how long it took to get from the JM Camper.

Mike, sorry if this was addressed but what service did that zipper compartment serve? Is that make it easier to stand on the swim platform if you the boat is already in the water?

Yes, you could stand in that section and get the cover over the back while it was docked then zip yourself in 3/4 of the way and finish the zipper from the dock

Mike, sorry if this was addressed but what service did that zipper compartment serve? Is that make it easier to stand on the swim platform if you the boat is already in the water?

It also works well to vent the boat out on nice days without having to remove the cover entirely.

OK kids...got my Poppy today via J&M Camper & Marine. Ordered about 11PM on Sunday and was sitting at my house on Wednesday. Cannot beat that!

Just put it on and here is my first opinions...

1. It's a good fit...not great but good. I would say slightly lighter material then the OEM cover but nothing to complain about.
2. The poles they supplied are to long in my opinion. I can cut them down...easy fix. They did a good job with using the cleats as an attachment point and not hooks like others.
3. The reasons I saw the poles are to longs as the rubber reinforced cleat holes are pulled up to much by the anti-pooling system and/or the space they allowed for the bimini laying flat. They (the holes) line up prefect bow to stern but are riding to high on themselves...don't center well. Maybe they will stretch out more in the sun.
4. I like the double ratchet system but I would love to see one on each side. I can get it pretty tight on the ratchet side but it's still a little lose on the port side. This may lose on the ride so I"ll have to stop after a few miles and re cinch it.
5. The straps in the back that attached the rear tow eyelets are a bit thin and will give out before anything if you pull them tight (like I did).
6. I would have liked to see a metal grommet half way to bunch down the cover.

It's worth the money and good but the fit is not as well as the OEM but the additional improvements with the rubber cleat holes and includes of the anti pooling system is a plus. I'm sure it will be darn good cover.

I found the rear pole to be okay and the front pole is way too tall. If you tighten the strap between the two poles (going over the windshield) the front pole will settle in below fully extended position. Rain isn't going to be able to create a pool in the front section even with that front pole unlocked. The cleat sections do seem like they don't fit perfectly but I'm sure with a season of use they will stretch a bit and fit better

So I covered the boat last night while in the water for the first time with the poppy cover. If you hook on the far side and front and leave the rear section for last it's possible to cover it perfectly while at the dock. Make sure the straps are loose enough to give you enough material at the back that you can move things around.

So I covered the boat last night while in the water for the first time with the poppy cover. If you hook on the far side and front and leave the rear section for last it's possible to cover it perfectly while at the dock. Make sure the straps are loose enough to give you enough material at the back that you can move things around.

This is another reason I think they should have the ratchets on both sides!

After leaving the marina I realized I should have docked on the ratchet side, but I scampered on to the back of the boat and was able to ratchet it tight while leaving over the edge.

After leaving the marina I realized I should have docked on the ratchet side, but I scampered on to the back of the boat and was able to ratchet it tight while leaving over the edge.

Half the time I can nail backing the boat in no problem...this weekend I couldn't stick it in 7 tries! So it went in bow first...otherwise I would say it wouldn't matter which side the ratchet is but I know for a fact some jet boaters can barely dock a bock going forward, let-alone stern in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back