180 challenger wakeboarding review

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with mine. The hardest part is keeping the speed right. I wish the wake was bigger, but I'm not really good enough to know what I'm missing.

the wake isnt that bad if you weight the boat properly. i mean come on, its an 18 footer with a 3 cylinder. not a 20 foot with a heavy torquer V8. the worst part that i have found isnt the wake thats made but the way the boat tracks. it helps some if you have a tower instead of using the tow loop. and a seasoned driver can usually over come the speed surges. ive been "training" my girlfriend on how i like to be pulled and all is going well. and that way i always have someone else besides myself in the boat that can properly pull a wake boarder.

Have you considered adding ballast to the boat? I was thinking you could add water bladder bags to the two storage areas in the back seats pretty easily. I have no idea if the structure there is designed to handle the load but obviously the hull can handle it as it would be equivalent to a couple passengers sitting there.

last year i was useing 100 lb. tractor weights. just cause they were available, but they are a pain in the butt to add and remove plus they take up floor space. but i wanted to see what a difference it made, and its deffinatly needed. so this year im getting a fat sac package. its 3 ballast bags and the total weight of all 3 together is like 740 or 780 lbs. with a pump. and that way i can deflate them if their not needed. its going to be my unsuspected birthday present. hehe

last year i was useing 100 lb. tractor weights. just cause they were available, but they are a pain in the butt to add and remove plus they take up floor space. but i wanted to see what a difference it made, and its deffinatly needed. so this year im getting a fat sac package. its 3 ballast bags and the total weight of all 3 together is like 740 or 780 lbs. with a pump. and that way i can deflate them if their not needed. its going to be my unsuspected birthday present. hehe

VERY cool. Where did you find the Fat Sac to fit our boats? I looked around a bit but didn't see them. Also, where/how do they fit in our boat?

Oh ya, which tower are you using? Its def. aftermarket but I can't tell which brand. Looks good from the little avatar pic. Post some bigger ones if you have them!

sorry i didnt catch this quicker. i have the MT2 tower from monster tower. im not really sure how the fat sacs are gonna fit in the boat yet but i think with being able to inflate them as much as i need i should be able to figure out places to put them. obviosly if i have 4 or 5 peeps with me i wont need them as much.

Attachments

• IMG00103.jpg
    IMG00103.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Summer 2008 007.jpg
    Summer 2008 007.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG00109.jpg
    IMG00109.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.