180 challenger seat fix / upgrade

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moochy

On the weekend I was having fun with passengers jumping waves and doing 360s. The next day when tidying up I noticed my passenger seat very wobbly, looking underneath the seat I noticed that the round thin stainless steel disc that secures the seat to the boat had been bent up pretty bad and was the main culprit for the wobble. The cause of this was I think my passenger hanging on to the grab handle underneath the seat and levering their body weight with the grab handle on the hull.

Not being the type to just sit around I decided to beef up the original very thin part and have come up with the below solution. The seat now is as stable as ever and this new part machined 316 solid stainless will not bend in future,

I made up four of these kits including longer 316 shanked bolts, nylock nuts and washers and have only used one this far.

If anyone has wobbly seats please PM me and we can work something out.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back