150 Speedster Audio

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

le pasha

First post here. Just bought a brand new 255hp Speedster a couple of months back and the audio system is useless anywhere near full throttle.

Im looking to put a bit of money into a high quality JL marine audio system. I was just after some advice in terms of a possible system combination (thinking of replacing current speakers + maybe adding another 2? Amps - how many? Do i need subs?).

Thanks,
Dan

It all depends on personal preference and what you like. Some people on here think we are crazy for spending any money on sound upgrades, other people wanna go and make a rockin system. Myself, I chose the 2nd option. :cheers:

I think minimum, you need to have 4 good quality mid range speakers. Most the time, that still isnt loud enough at full throttle. I think for the best sounding system you need an amp and a sub, or 2. I went with 4 mid speakers and 2 subs. It all is ran by a single amp. Works for me. I can give ya some tips if you want, or read my other post, i did a whole buildup on it.

I just checked yours out, looks awesome! Im thinking I'll go with 4 JL speakers, 1 x 10 inch JL sub, a Clarion CMD4 Head Unit and power it with a couple of amps. Im a little confused about the amps, Id imagine I should run the speakers off one amp, and the sub off the other. So what sort of power/how many channels do I need to do this??

Dan

It is user preference. My issue was space. The only good place I could find to mount the amp was in the small space under the cooler in the front compartment. So, I really only wanted 1 amp. The only amp I could find that I really liked was an Alpine PDX-5M. It can run 4 speakers plus 2 subs. There were several other amps I looked at but there were all huge. MTX and Kicker made one that could run everything and was much cheaper, but it was bigger than what I was looking for. The alpine serves my setup very well. It is plenty of power at 75 watts to each of the 6 inch speakers, and it is able to run at 2 ohms on the sub output, so it is pushing 300 watts to each of the subs wired in parallel. It was expensive, but works flawlessly for me.

jl has a 6 channel amp out marine rated..goto the jl site and you can order off there. Sometimes you can catch a speaker combo sale( 4 speakers, 1 sub, amp) for a deal. I have just 4 jl speakers and a 500 watt jl amp and they impress me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back