14 or 15?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Wasn't sure where or how to post this. My local dealer has a 2014 Spark H.O 2-up with convenience package and IBR,trailer all ready to go and said hey would give it to me for $6400 out the door and $675. for the trailer. My wife thinks maybe we should wait and order a 2015 base model and add the convenience package and manual reverse as an option. The dealer said that he would sell us the base model for $4600 plus the reverse option and whatever freight and setup + doc fee will be for the 2015's (They are still waiting on those prices) What do you guys think? Should we just wait and order a base model 15 and add all of the stuff or is the 14 a good deal? I would appreciate any suggestions. TY

You are kind of sort of comparing apples to apples...

I don't expect any real change from the 1 to the 15 year as this is a totally new design for BRP. So,, I think to compare things, you should get a price on the 15 with the same equipment that the 14 has.. This will tell you if and by how much the 15 has increased or if they are in fact selling you the 114 at a discount.

All that said, you really need to look at the convenience package and see if they are items you want. The IBR is nothing short of FANTASTIC. For some reason people just seen to pick up on it very easy. To have an electronic neutral and a brake and reverse is a GREAT option. If it was going to be ONLY you, then a manual revers is ok aas you will learn when you can pull the lever, at what speed, fully or partially ect ect. A guest or younger person will never get this concept as they simply will not ride it enough for it to become second nature.

I own one ski with it and one without it. It is rare I ride my IBR ski as that is the one my wife and guests rude 2010 GTX 155 with all the goodies. I ride my 09 RXT-X 2255 with the manual lever and I do very well with it. But again, others just don't seem to get it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back