09 rxp255 help!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ischurz

What's up guys, I just got done replacing a wear ring and impeller on a 09 rxt 255 for a family member. I got it all put back together and fired it up on the trailer in the driveway. After only a few seconds of running it came up with an exhaust temp code p1544. Is this just because there is no water source to cool the exhaust?? If not what else can it be? Thanks!!

What's up guys, I just got done replacing a wear ring and impeller on a 09 rxt 255 for a family member. I got it all put back together and fired it up on the trailer in the driveway. After only a few seconds of running it came up with an exhaust temp code p1544. Is this just because there is no water source to cool the exhaust?? If not what else can it be? Thanks!!

how long did you leave the ski running for ??

does the ski have an aftermarket IC ? the p1544 is a pretty vague exhaust over heat code.. could be caused by a bunch of things..

clogged j-pipe
clogged intercooler
pinched hoses
bad sensor

ALSO..

is the ski ridden in salt water or fresh? theres a good possibility that the ski wasnt properly flushed and the sensor was corroded...

but i would run the ski ON water and see what happens if the code pops up or not and report back

Last edited by a moderator:
Ski is completely stock, is only used in fresh water, I'm pretty sure it didn't have the code before the impeller and wear ring replacement, so I'm not sure if it was caused by me, or if it just happens to be a coincidence. He did get it into some sand/rocks hence the new parts so I suppose something could have gotten clogged, I'll try to get it in water tomorrow and see what happens.

you can't run the 4tecs for more than about 5 seconds without water or you may get the exhaust overheat warning. you definitely can't rev it up or it will come on. just like KK says above, hook up the hose and it will be fine.

Thanks guys for you replys, got home from work and hooked up the hose, fired it up ran for 10 min with no warnings or codes. I guess I just went into panic mode when the thing started making noise and shooting codes. I really didn't expect it to get that hot in that short time period, I guess it's smarted than I am...now I know!

Thanks guys for you replys, got home from work and hooked up the hose, fired it up ran for 10 min with no warnings or codes. I guess I just went into panic mode when the thing started making noise and shooting codes. I really didn't expect it to get that hot in that short time period, I guess it's smarted than I am...now I know!

You did what? You're not supposed to run it with the hose for more than 2 min or so!!!!! Bye bye carbon seal.

Next time you put it in the water is make sure that carbon seal isn't leaking water into the hull. Lift up the seat and look at the area where the drive shaft exits the hull. Make sure no water is coming in. If it was closer to 5 min then you should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back